Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's been too long ... but we're back!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

It’s about 5am Pacific Standard Time and we aren’t at home. We flew in to California yesterday to attend Paige’s Grandfather Malvern “Mally” McCall’s memorial. The memorial will be later today but my body still thinks it is in Eastern Standard Time. The flight wasn’t too bad and we didn’t have as much of a layover as we thought. We flew out of Charlotte and it was pretty painless. Some friends from church are watching the mutz. What a blessing! We spent the evening visiting with the family (Myrl, Paige’s Grandmother; Gail, Paige’s Mom; Alan, Gail’s husband and Jim, Paige’s cousin.)

Paige’s Grandfather Mally McCall was a great man and I loved him. It really is strange to be in Redlands without him here. The girls (Myrl, Gail and Paige) would all go and talk about their girly things while Mally and I would talk. I sure missed it. He would speak of his time as a machinist at a company called Modine. He would speak of his stained glass and other parts of their lives through the years. I could listen to him for hours. I would always look forward to spending time with him when we got the chance. I remember him very fondly and will miss him but am glad that he won’t have to suffer. I know that he was tired and ready to go and I long to be where he is. See you later, Mally!