Monday, September 11, 2006

We're back...

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Gosh, where to start? Not a whole lot has happened since last week, got a bid on the heat/cooling system-not quite what we were thinking-ouch! Went back to the seller to see about a credit, and kinda played phone tag all week. Should hear on Monday, we are supposed to close o Fri the 15th and sure are ready. We went to Tennessee the other day, we thought it was a 3hr drive, turned out to be a 5hr drive, so it made for a very long day trip! But we had fun, took advantage of the shopping, and bought a big area rug and some accessories for the new living room. Will definitely go back to spruce up the other rooms after we know color schemes and such. We have ended up spending way more money than I had originally “planned”…too much eating out and shopping for something to do. We stayed in the motorhome all day because of the rain, and then the next day were a little stir-crazy and just had to get out. Loki decided he needed to get out too…We frequently tie them outside and leave them unattended, checking on them every ½ hour or so, and one time we went to check, Loki’s leash was empty. We set out to search for him, Mike taking the high road, and me taking the low road hugging the lake. I honestly never imagined he would be down there, since he doesn’t even like to go outside when it rains, let alone submerge his whole body in water…but there he was, Swimming towards a bunch of ducks about 100 ft out. I called to him, and he turned towards me, but still didn’t want to come nicely and I had to chase him a ways before I was able to catch him, then we had to deal with wet dog in the confinement of the motorhome for the rest of the day-yuck. Certainly was entertaining, Mike didn’t get to see him swim, but was glad that he hadn’t drown (being old, not used to swimming, and arthritic). Went to the later service at church today, because there was a “meet and greet” after for “newcomers”, got to meet some staff, the Pastor and some other new people. Pastor David and his wife have actually been to Boise a few times. Meeting everyone made use even surer that we were in the right place! Found out that when you talk about Winston-Salem, its ok to just say Winston, and also found out that even the locals think all the freeways are confusing. (and some think the Sweet Tea is too sweet) Looking forward to moving in the house, will pull up the peel and stick tile first, and see about re-doing the hardwoods. Have the couch, and bed being delivered on Monday the 18th, and washer/dryer on the 19th. We still need to find a fridge and stove, will look in the newspaper ads today. Very anxious to get at least the living room painted, and then we will probably tackle the bathroom, it needs totally gutted. Still need to get a bid on an invisible fence and some more bids for the heat/cooling, before we can begin to re-do something big like the kitchen. Well, that’s all for now, will post more pictures as we do some renovations, until then God Bless - P

One of the people we met at the newcomer lunch was Susan. Here is here webpage. I also “borrowed” a section from her page to share with you guys.

http://shastadaisytoo.blogspot.com/ (this is a new URL)

My Commitment As A Christian:

I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I'm a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded, or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven, my road is narrow, my way rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, deluded, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, preached up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of Jesus. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know, and work till He stops me. And when He comes for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me... my banner will be clear! Oh, and while I'm at it I may as well say... I believe His Word to be perfect, without error in the Bible!

Yes! Yes! Yes! More when we know more or have more. - M